Lug nut torque spec on my 03 Ranger

I just looked at the manual and it says to torque the lug nuts to 100 ft/lbs. It does not make a distinction between the steel wheels or the alum. wheels that are on my vechicle. Is it the same for both? Also what is the tolerance? I have an old torque wrench, but have no idea how accurate it is. Thanks again.

Reply to
Paul O.

Yes, it is the same for both. If you are not sure about your torque wrench, get it calibrated or replace it.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

Ok, thanks. Think I will get a new one to start with. I can calibrate it myself at work. Is the Husky, 50-250 ft/lb, at Home Depot a good way to go?

Reply to
Paul O.

Unfortunately, I can't help you there. Have never used a Husky. All my new tools are either Craftsman or Snap-on. Both of which I have never had problems with and you can order on-line.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

For torquing your wheels (occasional use) theres the 0-150 lb/ft "clicking" type at Harbor Freight Tools for < $ 20.00

Reply to
Rudy

Reply to
Paul O.

Works for me every now and then if I have to pull a wheel off my F350.

I get free 'rotation" ( and I make sure THEY use their torque wrench) so rarely need to do my own

Reply to
Rudy

Reply to
Paul O.