M5OD Transmission Removal

Hello All,

I'm trying to remove my M5OD manual transmission from my 2002 F150 V6 truck for a clutch/slave cylinder replacement. All the necessary bolts have been removed, but I can only slide the transmission back a couple of inches or so before the shift knob hangs up on the sheet metal of the floorboard. Lowering the tranny jack offers no solution and I'm unable to slide the tranny back up to the engine, as it may be in a bind. Somebody was telling me I may have to remove a couple of engine mounts in order for the engine to be lowered somewhat. At this point, any suggestions would be helpful and greatly appreciated. So close, yet so far away from completing this job.

Thanks,

Jim Halbert snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
jamesh832