May be a little late to ask

May be a little late to ask but whats the buzz on the 99 Ranger sport truck? I bought one yesterday. What can i expect in way or trouble? has 70,o0o miles but is extremely clean in and out .6 Cyl.4x4, extend cab 7600$

Reply to
RS

. May be a little late to ask Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Sun, Oct 5, 2003, 2:59pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (RS)

May be a little late to ask but whats the buzz on the 99 Ranger sport truck? I bought one yesterday. What can i expect in way or trouble? has

70,o0o miles but is extremely clean in and out .6 Cyl.4x4, extend cab 7600$ .

The engines blow at 71,000 miles. . .. o o j O

Pop Bunkle keep the maintenance up and enjoy your new truck......she should last for a long while if you do all the prevenatives....

Reply to
Pop Bunkle

The interior lights will mis-behave and require replacement of the switch. (This may have happened already to your truck.)

Also apparently the wiper control stalk develops a personality and attitude of its own. (I've not had this happen to me yet, so it may not have happened to your truck yet either...)

If you are tall, you'll have to invest in those smoked plastic side window after-market inserts. Otherwise the sun will shine just behind the visor after you've turned it siedxways, right into the side of your left eye.

It is fun to drive. You get better road view and a more comfortable seating posture than in a car.

(And ever since they have got computers to assemble the engines, engine liffe is more a function of the treatment of the driver than anything else.)

Enjoy it.

HR.

Reply to
Rowbotth

The transmissions generally go at about 72,000 miles. But don't worry about that yet. It generally doesn't happen until after the engine blows at 71,000 miles.

Reply to
Sudoxe

Everyone's a friggen comedian. The 3.0 liter V6 is a well proven engine used in everything from the Taurus through the Aerostar. The 4 liter has had some problems with the valve train. All 4X4 trucks that are highway driven tend to be rough on tires and anything that needs to be torqued down. The harshness of the suspensions tends to make things developed rattles. The Ranger Sport is no different. Take care of it, do the scheduled maintenance and you should have a very enjoyable vehicle. I should know, I have had two counting the 2002 I now own and I loved them both.

Reply to
Reece Talley

~~

~~ Re: May be a little late to ask Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Mon, Oct 6, 2003, 2:01am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Reece=A0Talley)

Everyone's a friggen comedian. The 3.0 liter V6 is a well proven engine used in everything from the Taurus through the Aerostar. The 4 liter has had some problems with the valve train. All 4X4 trucks that are highway driven tend to be rough on tires and anything that needs to be torqued down. The harshness of the suspensions tends to make things developed rattles. The Ranger Sport is no different.

Take care of it, do the scheduled maintenance and you should have a very enjoyable vehicle.

I should know, I have had two counting the 2002 I now own and I loved them both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I liked Pop Bunkle's answer better.... and Sudoxe's even better.....

Scrib Abell

Reply to
Scribb Abell

~~ Re: May be a little late to ask

Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Mon, Oct 6, 2003, 2:01am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Reece Talley)

Everyone's a friggen comedian. The 3.0 liter V6 is a well proven engine used in everything from the Taurus through the Aerostar. The 4 liter has had some problems with the valve train. All 4X4 trucks that are highway driven tend to be rough on tires and anything that needs to be torqued down. The harshness of the suspensions tends to make things developed rattles. The Ranger Sport is no different.

Take care of it, do the scheduled maintenance and you should have a very enjoyable vehicle.

I should know, I have had two counting the 2002 I now own and I loved them both.

I liked Pop Bunkle's answer better.... and Sudoxe's even better.....

Scrib Abell

Hey, some people just don't want to hear the truth. What can I say?

Reply to
Sudoxe