Mazda B4000 (Ranger) outside mirrors question

I have a 1997 Mazda B4000, 4.0L V6, 4WD. The truck has two outside rearview mirrors. One of them appears to be ever so slightly loose -- I adjust it for a good view of the rear and after a few days of driving it has slipped out of adjustment. Is there anyway to open these things and tighten the mounts? These are the OEM mirrors -- the mirror is enclosed in a plastic housing. They are manual adjust, not power.

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe S.

Take a look at the second topic down on that webpage. It explains how to take the mirror apart and fix the problem. I have fixed my own mirrors and this should work for yours as well. I found that the biggest problem was trying to get the Torx mounting screws out without messing the heads up, best to give them a spray with Liquid Wrench or similar first.

Good luck, Sharky

Reply to
Sharky

Thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.