Missing 'Park' in AOD

I have a 91 E250 with AOD. Recently reverse has moved to the left on the shift indicator, making park almost impossible to get to. The other gears, including neutral, are in the usual place.

The shift linkage at the trans appears ok but the connection in the steering colum (viewed under the hood) appears to have a lot of play.

Does anyone know what the problem/solution might be and how expensive? I have a Chilton manual but it was not much help. The Van has cruise control and a tilt wheel.

Thanks for any hints/tips

Reply to
??

Sounds like the linkage to trans connection has slipped. check the linkage at the bottom of the steering col and follow it back to the trans, look with a light for any slippage that might have occured or loose brackets. dave

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 10:43:34 -0400, "??"

Reply to
liteflyer 1

Thanks for the response. I had looked at the linkage before without noticing that the linkage bracket bolt into the transmission had broken, but, rust had kept the head of the bolt on the bracket so it looked ok. Now all I have to do is drill and tap a new bolt before the snow starts to fly.

Reply to
??