missing rear lug nut, Ok to drive ?

Reference last post, I went to replace the rear brake drums on my 96 F-150 (which just got a brand new Eaton posi, and axle shafts), and a lug bolt was cross-threaded, and of course it snaped off when trying to get it off. Got the new drums on, but its too late to hit the parts store for a new lug nut, and stud. Question: is is safe/advisable to use the truck for one day with one missing lug nut/stud? (its' a regular 5-bolt pattern). I really need to truck, and commute is 30+ miles mostly high-speed highway.

Thanks!

Reply to
Mr Wizzard

As long as the other lug nuts are torqued properly, you should have no problems. But I would not recommend driving more than the one day

Reply to
Just me