More Rust (quality what?)

Well it happened again first my oil pan rusted threw with only 69,000 miles and now the rear spring mounts rusted threw and the springs were just resting on the bottom of the bed, and the front ones are getting close, Anyone else had these problems ? I'm the original owner and only use this truck to haul my dog and junk my wife buys at garage sales . 93 F-150 long bed two sets of brakes, entire front radiator bracket ( rusted) if I hadn't found this my whole front end would have fallen into the engine, I looked at some in different body shops and almost all had the same problem ,explorers as well. all new front end ball joints . two sets of bushings for front braces, paint fell off hood just after warranty, wheel wells rusting out two emergency brake cables, new wiper control, new ignition, leaking sliding window , leaking roof caulking came out runs down inside and wets you entire seat belt . My advise is get a new one before the warranty run out or you better have some spare change laying around. DA- Dwag

Reply to
Bill & Kate Munson
10 Year old truck - that's a shame. Did you do the standard once a year rust proofing? Almost all of the aftermarket spray places will pay for your rust repairs if you've done it every year. I've had a few friends get body work done for free without any hassles. It's the cheapest insurance against losing a vehicle to rust I've found so far here in the north (we use salt like it goin' otta style in my area.) I also find it keeps things like switches, electrical connections, bolts etc from rusting and causing gremlins or being a general PITA, keeps the window channels lubed etc. The way I look at it if I spend 850-1000 dollars over 10 years I save having to pay for body work. How much body work can you have done for 1000 bucks these days? Not much.. Not to mention, most body shops won't warrantee rust repairs, so you'll usually find yourself right back in the same boat a year later. No, I don't sell the stuff or work in the industry, I've just lost a couple of nice cars to rust and know how you feel.
Reply to
OldFart

the reason this happenes can best be summed up in 3 words. LACK OF MAINTAINANCE

Reply to
Falcoon