Need diagram -Serpentine belt 88 F-150

Threaded View
I need a routing diagram to install the Serpentine belt on a 1988 Ford
F-150 pickup with 300ci straight 6 engine.  I've spent over 3 hours on
google trying to find this.  But as usual, google gives me every year,
make, model and engine except what I ask for, and half of what it finds
is not even related to the search.  Google is really going to crap!!!

Anyone have one?  I'm not sure of the path to follow.  I should have
taken a picture of it before the belt came off, but who thinks of things
like that till it's too late.....

Thanks

Re: Need diagram -Serpentine belt 88 F-150

I have to ask, what happened to the sticker under the hood that shows belt
routing.  Most Fords since around 1984 had them, they rarely fall off.

--
They can have my command prompt when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Re: Need diagram -Serpentine belt 88 F-150

You're right, there is a sticker on there.  I never noticed it before.
The only bad thing, is that it's written in spanish, but the picture is
all I need.  Thanks

88 F-150 will not re-start after short drive
1988 F-150 pickup, 300ci 6 cyl engine with 4WD manually tranny, Fuel
injected.

I use this as a farm truck.  I often load it with hay bales and feed,
and drive it for one minute to the barn or something like that, and shut
it off.  I unload the feed, (takes about 5 minutes), and try to start
the truck.  It turns over, but refuses to start.  Not even a pop, it
just wont start at all.  After a half hour or more, it starts with no
problems.  This seems to only happen in cold weather.  WHY DOES IT DO
THIS?

I had a Chevy car with a carburetor that used to do a similar thing, but
that was because the choke would be completely closed, while the engine
was still warm, and the engine would flood.  That was an easy fix, I'd
just remove the air cleaner cover, put a tool in the carb to hold the
choke open and it would start right up.  I had to do that quite often in
cold weather, but aside from being a little aggravating, there was an
easy solution and I was not left stranded.  (yea, I did adjust that
choke numerous times, but that was a defect that was common on that
car).

Anyhow, I'm not very familiar with fuel injected vehicles.  As far as I
know, there is no choke.  I am completely clueless as far as what to do
when this happens, and why it happens.  Can anyone expain why it happens
and what to do to get it running when this does happen?

Yea, I know someone is gonna tell me to leave it running when I unload
the hay or whatever.  I normally do, but I have a leaky radiator and am
waiting for another radiator.  Until I get the replacement, I try to
keep the engine cool so I dont lose all the coolant.  And there are
times that I might need to tend to another chore and dont want to waste
a lot of gas, or times I shut off the truck and discover I need
something else, which is in another building, so I have to restart the
truck.

Anyone have any idea why this happens?

It only seems to happen if I start the truck and while it's still idling
fast, I shut it off.  Yesterday I started it, it started fine.  I loaded
the truck and drove it 50 feet, shut it off.  I was not planning to
drive it for a while.  A few minutes later I needed to get something
from another shed, and it refused to start again.  It turns over just
fine, but dont even try to start.  I had to walk to get what I needed.
A few hours later it started just fine again.  HELP!

Re: 88 F-150 will not re-start after short drive

  We neeed to know if it has spark. Have someone crank it while you
have a plug wire helt 1/4" from the block - preferably not in bright
sunlight and see if you get a good snapping blue spark. If so, you
have a fuel problem - if not a spark problem. Then we can start
diagnosis/

Re: 88 F-150 will not re-start after short drive
At Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:50:11 -0600, homeowner rearranged some electrons to
write:

TFI module?

Re: 88 F-150 will not re-start after short drive
shut
but
engine
in
do
happens
am
waste
idling
loaded

This happened to my 97 Aerostar.  The radiator coolant temp sensor (some
call it 'temp sender') was disconnected from the computer so the
computer always though it was cold.  Started fine cold and a little
warm, but if I tried to start after the engine got up to temperature, I
had to pump the gas like crazy to get it to catch.

On mine there is a sensor on either side of the thermostat.  The one
between the thermostat and the radiator connects to the temp gauge only.
 The one between the themostat and the engine is the one for the
computer.

Re: 88 F-150 will not re-start after short drive
On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:50:22 -0800, "Guv Bob"

it 'temp sender') was disconnected from the computer so the computer always
though it was cold.  Started fine cold and a little warm, but if I tried to
start after the engine got up to temperature, I had to pump the gas like crazy
to get it to catch.
the thermostat and the radiator connects to the temp gauge only.  The one
between the themostat and the engine is the one for the computer.
  More likely to be a spark problem on the f150. When it doesn't
start, disconnect a plug wire and see if you have spark. If not, you
have a bad spart module. Not sure but I think that one has a TFI
module on the distributor that is prone to that kind of failure.

Site Timeline