New Performance Muffler on the Market

Go to

They are hand made and fully mig welded. The sound is very deep and smooth.

Reply to
joe

Just how does a "very deep and smooth" sound relate to performance?

I hope to hell the quality of the build is better on the "production" units. That "prototype" looks like something built in high school shop class. (I do like the giant bag of onions in the background tho. Sound damping material??)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

If the muffler deal doesn't work out, cut off the pipes and sell them as fuel tanks. You can say the lack of baffles increases gas mileage. jor

Reply to
jor

A poorly made / designed Flowmaster clone.

Is the crosswise baffle at the lower end simply a perforated sheet? That would be 1920's muffler technology, in case you're interested. Tends to be very restrictive and no better than a SuperTrapp design.

If you're wanting to deflect sound pressure waves then your angled baffles need to be targeted, not located off to one side of the flow. Look again at the design you screwed up, Flowmaster.

Or you can abort the idea before Flowmaster begins lawsuits for patent infringement.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

budd.... i would like a custom exhaust for my truck... you seem to know whats going on.... ever have any designs of your own?

Reply to
Mercury

Nope. 90% of the aftermarket systems are way better than factory. Go with a leading brand after you get some input and you'll be satisfied. Just don't rely on advertising only to tell the truth.

The only systems I've ever built were for a 65 barracuda with Slant Six, and for a 1952 Cushman motorscooter.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

jor, the muffler that you are looking at is a test muffler made out of junk metal and used to conduct sound testing. The mufflers that will be on sale will all be made out of new metal. But its a good joke.

Reply to
joe

Hi Budd, Thanks for visiting my site. I respect the comments you made, but I don't understand why you are saying these things when you don't even know how the muffler looks inside. I know the weld marks on the muffler can look like something else, but believe me when you look inside of my muffler you will see something totally different. If you want to talk about copy-cats and lawsuits then you need to get into the V-Force Muffler drama. The muffler that I made took me 8 years to make, because I wanted something that is different and unique. I don't really want to tell anyone what's inside of my muffler because my patent is pending, but I will give you a hint. Inside of my muffler there is a 3" pipe. Now tell me, is that a flowmaster clone? I like to hear from you again and thanks for taking the time to visit my home page, its the first one I ever made and its going to need much work. Thanks, M.E.F.

The muffler you see in the picture is the very first muffler we made. It was made out of junk metal and used to conduct sound testing. The sound is very good and we will sell them soon "all out of new metal!"

Reply to
joe

What do I have to go by except the weld marks? I see what appears to be angled baffles, a small tack weld in the center and a contiuous weld across the lower half.

Angled baffles are pantented feature of Flowmaster and you had better check for patent infringements before you go into production or you'll be in deep stuff.

That's their problem and it's beyond the stage for giving advice before you end up in trouble. Apparently, you don't want any.

The pipe? Probably not, but the angled baffles you appear to have could be.

I was just suggesting you make sure you're not accidentally cloning a patented device. But hey, if you want to risk all your income for the next

30 years, that's your choice . . .

Btw, in some NG's this could be considered borderline spamming, fyi.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Budd, thanks for responding, I'll make sure our product is not a version of some other muffler. This is the reason why we have a patent agent searching information for us. Our Rep. who works for the biggest muffler manufacture (Allied Exhaust) in the U.S. is also helping us out. Budd, if you live in California near Fresno,please feel free to stop by our muffler shop. I'll be happy to show you our product. Thanks, M.E.F.

Reply to
joe

So?

Reply to