Nitrogen makes up 78% of air...

Dry air contains roughly (by volume) 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen,

0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases. Air also contains a variable amount of water vapor, on average around 1%. See:
A water "filter" separates moisture from compressed air, for those of us painting using compressed air systems, but, it is not something that is necessary for tire air.

I can't see paying anyone anything to get the extra 20+ % of oxygen replaced in my tires by nitrogen, even for FREE.

I don't have a roll cage, self sealing gas tank, four point harness, helmet, or any other NASCAR stuff in my fine old 1993 Ford F150 XL truck, or, in my 1994 F150 XLT truck.

So, I don't bother with any other crap that costs extra money!

Hey, retired from 20+ in the USAF, and we never needed any extra nitrogen in our vehicle tires!

Reply to
Big Red Truck

Now i agree with you. But. That was before the auto retards (Ford and Goodyear) decided to put shit tires on trucks that blew up and killed some people. And then the same retards (GM too) put electrical sensors in the tires for the idiots that refuse to check their air. The same sensors that are subject to rust. And failure. When exposed to air. Are not subject to rust with the tires filled with notrogen.

Being in the USAF. You also know that aircraft tires are filled with nitrogen to prevent the air freezing. So it isnt pointlesss.

To resolve this issue.

I suggest everyone buy a nitrogen tank from the local welding supplier and keep it in their garage. Nitrogen isnt expensive. Neither is the tanks. A couple thousand psi of nitrogen should last your lifetime. Filling your tires.

Reply to
None4U

Reply to
666 From South

When your car flies at 35,000 ft, we can talk about the benefits of nitrogen in your tires. Until then, DO NOT buy nitrogen. If they want to put it in for free, go with it. If they want you to pay a penny, then you're paying too much.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I asume both knew exactly what they were doing. Firestone built bad tires during a strike and sold them. They killed to save some pennies on tires. Both are equally responsible. I havnt had a Good year tire that wasnt out of round. They suck too.

Reply to
None4U