Not so crazy upgrading ranger engines questions

Crazy question.

On a scale of e/pi to 1.25e*pi, where e/pi is "doable by kindergardener during a single recess" and 1.25e*pi is "simpler to put a man on the moon starting from scratch", how difficult is it to put a larger engine in a B2500 Mazdaranger pickup? I'm pondering upgrading from the current 2.3 l engine to a 3 liter one. Are they "bolt hole comparable"? or am I going to need to obtain/ modify/ fabricate mounts & hangers? I'm just pondering the possibilities.

tshcus pyotr

It is not like trying to stick a Ford V-6 into a VW micro bus - although I have seen the results of that.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Gunner Asch reported Elvis on Fri, 24 Jun 2011 01:07:46

-0700 in misc.survivalism:

That occurred to me too...

That's Plan B. (Let me check my lottery ticket...)

Actually, I'm currently messing with the idea of building a "player piano pipe organ." (I can't play keyboards ... so "player piano" it is.) Conceptually not difficult ... it is the actual implementation whcih will be the tricky bit.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch on Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:58:08 -0700 typed in misc.survivalism the following:

Hmm, can I convert it to run on pneumatics?

I'm after the Pipes. Big Pipes! Big 32 foot "Piiipes"! (loud pipes save lives!)

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich