OBD Tool Advice

I am considering the purchase of an OBD interface/software "kit" to help me tune/diagnose problems with my 199 Ford Ranger. 2 flavors appear to be available

  1. Digimoto -
    Pro Scan -
    Any opinions on which one might be the 'better' of the 2?

I'm leaning towards the Pro Scan because the interface will comminicate with "any" OBDII compliant vehichle including the new CAN variant. I like the idea of having a tool that I can use on any car/truck.

Any comments?

Ed

Ed Ramos

I have a few of them and recently got one a CJScantool made by injectoclean and it is awesome. It has reall time monotoring of up to 4 channels at once ans realtime hires graphing too and a interface to hook to laptop as well. Nice unit

TheSnoMan

Digimoto support sucks - check out their forums. The guy promises updates and new versions all the time and rarely delivers. I bought their package and never got it to work properly on one of my 3 cars. I emailed ProScan with several pre-purchase questions, and received no reply for about 2 weeks.

Take a look at

I have had excellent results with their software, and support is top-notch. I emailed a question, and I was sent an evaluation license to try the software within hours.

<disclaimer>

Not affiliated, bla, bla, bla. Just real-world experience.

Reply to
gw