Obnoxious horn honk on alarm

The F-150 users manual calls it a 'chirp' but it is anything but that. When I turn on the alarm with the remote entry transmitter I get a real loud honk of the horn to let me know the alarm is set. The headlamps and parking lamps flash when I set the alarm so I really don't need the obnoxious horn honk. Can either me or thedealer turn that off? I'll pay, thats how much I hate it.

2003, 4x4, V8
Reply to
Doogie

Don't you have top press the button twice to get the audio and visuals? Doesn't pressing the button the first time do the work?

Then don't hit the thing the second time.

(Or else before you leave the vehicle you could always hit the power door lock butt> The F-150 users manual calls it a 'chirp' but it is anything but that. When

Reply to
Rowbotth

One press on my '02 gets the lights to flash. 2nd press on the remote makes the horn go.. I almost never get to the 2nd press...

Reply to
invalid unparseable