OEM Tire Replacement for '01 2wd F150

Hi guys, need some advise on type of tire for my truck, I do mostly hiway drvn w at most 300 pds cargo on the bed. Should I replace OEM All Terrain tires w All Season ones? While I'm at it, how wide can I go from OEM

255/70/16 in order to increase stability. I was thinking 265/65/16. These are my choices. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ALL-SEASON TIRES (performance/comfort on pavement) Toyo M410 Open Country Radial BFGoodrich Radial Long Trail T/A

ALL-TERRAIN TIRES (on/road performance/off-road capability) Dayton Timberline A/T Bridgestone Dueler A/T 693 Michelin XCX/APT

Reply to
moli n ny

I have the same truck and went with the Dueler but chose the HT instead of the AT. With mostly highway, these should be a little quieter. I do mostly highway between Dallas and OKC and they seem to do fine. I went withe the same size (255 70 R16) just to keep cost down a little. The Michelins and BFG's are considerable more expensive. I couldn't justify the expense.

The one thing I noticed, the Duelers seem to have a slightly smaller contact patch than the factory tires. Maybe its just me, but these seem slightly smaller.

Good luck with your purchase. Scott

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Thanks for your input Scott, yup same here, I also decided to skip the All Terrain and go with the All Seasons. If it's all Highway what's the point? The Long Trails 265's are on sale (onlinetire.com) for $99. BTW. Consumer Reports and Tire Rack give somewhat different test results but here are more or less the top 4 I will probably end up w the Toyo's or most likely w the Long Trails. Good Luck.

Toyo M410 Open Country Radial > Best all around, best in snow,worst as to road noise $110

BFGoodrich Radial Long Trail T/A > 2nd best, better than the Toyo as to dry breaking and preventing hydroplaning. No tread-wear warranty

Bridgestone Dueler H/L > Third, better at dry/breaking and tied best for emergency handling Toyo, bad in snow, not much snow in Teexes, so I guess you're Ok :)

Michelin LTX M/S > Actually finished behind mostly because of price I guess. Best in ride comfort, but for .$135? I don't think so.

Reply to
moli n ny

May want to check out

- lots of good information andowners survey results. Don.

Reply to
Don