Ordering Ford Pickup with more efficient axle ratio

I bought a Ranger five years ago. Thought the 6 cylinder would be more efficient than a full size F-150 V-8.

WRONG.

Looking at new trucks the other day and a young salesman told me "you probably thought you would save money on gas with a smaller truck, but Ford puts the Ranger together to be spunky and responsive, the F-150 would likely be more economical to run"

Note; we are talking AUTOMATIC transmissions here.

Highway driving, lead foot, infrequent loads.

In short, can I order a gear-ratio that would be more favorable?

I will be looking into a '06 Ranger (FOUR DOOR CLUB CAB IF THEY HAVE ONE) or if they don't have one...

An F-150 extended cab.

Thought about a Toyota Tundra, but too cheap.

Thoughts?

Reply to
eric jacobs