Oregon Ford Truck Dealer Recommendation

I'm going to be buying an F-350 in a month or two. I'll probably be buying it in Northern Oregon. Based upon my research I'll also probably have to order it. I'm looking for a dealer that is honest, won't play games, and will sell at a fair price. I ask this because I currently don't live in N Oregon so I'm not familiar with the dealer's reputation there. Any recommendations?

BTW, I'll be buying an F-350, Diesel, Supercab, 4x2, long bed. I've been to the web site of several larger truck dealers and they don't have any of these in stock. Lot of crew cabs and 4x4 in a diesel. This truck will be used to tow a 5th wheel trailer.

Reply to
xenman

The only thing unusual about your combo might be the 4x2. They might do a lot of 4x4 in Oregon. I see a lot of trucks like this out on the road.

If you bought off the lot now, you would get a 2004. You can only order a

2005 now. Production on 2005 models started last week. The 2005 model has some great improvements for towing.

Go to

and ask in the ordering forum there about a good northern Oregon dealer.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Here is an interesting web site that explains how to make deals or buy online.

I Care

As anywhere, 4x2 are rare. You probably wont' find one on a lot, not unless you're lucky. Oregon doesn't have sales tax, so remember this if buying one here and trying to register it in another state. That state my want the tax. Steve, In Oregon

Reply to
Steve Hansen
4x2 supercab diesel SRW Lariat F-350s are next to impossible to find.

I currently live in WA but will be moving away soon. I plan on paying the appropriate taxes and license fees of my adopted state for this vehicle. I see no reason to pay 11%+ taxes when I'm in the process of moving away.

BTW, you didn't give the name of a reputable dealer....

Reply to
xenman

Does Ford have a "vehicle locator" function on their web site like GM/Chevy does? On the GM site, you plug in your desired vehicle and a location, it searches dealer inventories within a certain distance from your stated location...

DJ

Reply to
IdaSpode

We bought a 2000 F250 4x4 Lariat from Damerow Beaverton Ford (15 miles west of downtown Portland) in July 2000. At the time, they were just being aquired by Thomason Auto Group (not my favorite corporation) but we looked anyway. We discovered there was an Internet Sales division but they sold to us one-on-one, didn't use the internet at all. We weren't doing a factory order as they has what we wanted on the lot.

They were charging 4% over invoice and wouldn't budge. Amazingly, we had a pretty good expierience, other than I really wanted to pay no more than 3% over invoice (These trucks were really hot, nobody we talked to would sell for that price)

I've heard nothing but horror stories from friends that went to Vancouver Ford (Vancouver Washington is just north of Portland).

We also looked at Courtesy Ford on SE 122nd Ave. Liked the store, but Damerow (internet sales Dept.) offered a "no dicker" price that was better.

Good luck!

Mort

Reply to
Mort

Reply to
xenman

Sort of. You have to search dealer by dealer based upon the zip code you entered.

Reply to
xenman

Reputable Dealer? Isn't that a oxymoron? Anyway, I haven't bought a new truck in 10 years, and the last one I did was in North Dakota, so I have no preferences to give you. Kendall auto group is a large dealer here with a Chevy store, Chrysler, Honda, and Ford.

months ago they had a 2000 2x4 4-door F-350 with 40K, wanted 25k forit. I was tempted but can't handle the payments at this time. the dealersaid that for the 2wd they usually take you name and call when one comes in.the new production numbers for 2wd are only about 3% or less of the totalmade. Steve

Reply to
Steve Hansen

Really? Bought my truck there, and was treated right. Had the thing in a few times to fix what the factory didn't get the first time, but all in all, a positive experience, after having to deal with Hannah. Seriously, stay away from Dick Hannah, especially if buying used.

Plasyd

Reply to
2lgsgd4lgsbttr

In Oregon, no

In Washington (not that far) yes, Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent and Covington. Since they give their prices on the Net you can check before you even call.

Looks like they don't have what you want, the do have it in a 4wd though. for ~$34K

We have had them "order in" before, on the Taurus they were ~$2K below the best price we could get for the same car from any other dealer

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

4x4 won't work. It's 3 inches taller and may not fit in the garage. WA won't work as I'm moving out of WA and it would be stupid to pay the 10 - 11% tax and license.
Reply to
xenman

Yes WA -will- work, if you are not a resident you will not pay the taxes, if you are, you will. Even if you buy the truck in Oregon. Trust me the dealers there will not help you "defraud" WA (until -after- you move, then they will not care)

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Let's see. I state "I am moving out of WA". Is there something you don't understand about this? I've researched the WA state laws. If I buy the truck in WA after I change my legal address, they will still demand an 8.8% sales tax. Given a choice between that and paying a 3% tax to my new adopted state why would I do anything else? Why would you think that this is fraud?

Reply to
xenman

If you move out of Washington and have a legal address in another state then come to Washington to buy a vehicle you will *not* pay sales tax when you buy in WA. You will pay sales tax in the state you register in when you license your truck. If you move to a state with sales tax and drive to Oregon to buy your truck you will pay sales tax when you license your truck in the state you live in. If you move to Oregon and have a legal address in Oregon then drive acrosss the river to WA and buy your truck you will pay no sales tax in Wa because you are from a state that has no sales tax and for the purpose of reporting that sale the dealer will place that amount on page

2 of his sales tax report on the line listed as "Qualified Nonresident Sales".

You have not researched the laws closely enough.

Reply to
Bob Hatch

Here's a related question - I was given a 97 Ranger out of Oregon and went to try to register it here in WA yesterday. The 'nice lady' at the license agency said without something to verify the sale price or in this case the lack of one, I would be charged tax based on market value. (Then, of course, she showed me a NADA book listing that was a lot higher than what I found on KBB) D'oh! I will for sure get the statement of this being a gift, (it really was) Screw paying sales tax!

Tom Seattle

Reply to
I love Edsels

I doubt it will matter that you received it for free. The WA tax people WILL assign a fair market value and levy tax accordingly. They _might_ accept a lower value based on a free "gift" receipt, but you will pay close to FMV. Come back and tell us after you check again.

BD

Reply to
BD

Some states will tax you on the market value of a vehicle given as a gift. This is partially so folks won't try to skirt taxes by saying a car was a gift when it really wasn't.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Go to a WA license renewal place and ask. Even if you come in with a receipt for $500 on a $2500 vehicle "they" know or suspect it was written to avoid taxes and *will* tax based on FMV. I was there when a couple of people tried to do that and the $500 receipt was refused.

No it wasn't me. :-)

Reply to
I Care