OT: Chevy Venture

First of all dont flame me, I'm the proud driver of a 93 f150 4x4, my girlfreind has a chev venture van, some time ago the wipers on the front stopped moving and made a grinding sound, on closer inspection the culprit was a loose screw on top of a strange looking egg shaped plate with a spring around the edge, the screw that was loose secured this egg thingy to the drive motor, so when it loosened viola no wipers, ok so i tightened the screw but now the arms were in the wrong position and decided to duel with each other, before anyone takes a guess at the solution i removed the wipers and let the motor run to the wiper park position and remounted the wipers in the park location and turned them on and again they caught each other, therefore there must be a specific procedure for the setting of this aggy thing in relation to the motor in the park setting and the wipers in the park position, and while I'm on the topic of wipers her back wiper went kaput also, but in this case it was a screw drive arm that drives a "plastic!!!!" wheel, the wheel has notches all the way around and the screw rides the edge of it to turn it and move the wiper arm, the best part is the whole thing comes as one unit, at 293.50!, so with nothing to loose i think I'll carefully take apart the unit and see if i cant fabricate a wheel from cast steel using the plastic wheel as a template. Any how anyone who knows the answer to my upper problem the reply would be muchly appreciated. tia Wally

Reply to
wally archibald