OT Parts ID

Maybe someone here will recognize this for me:

Top view Oblique view

It was found in the parking lot outside our local tennis courts, and the speculations of what it is are running wild. I (and a few others) think it's something off a ball machine, like a clip to hold a remote, or a keeper to keep a shaft from turning. Unfortunately, the ball machine is locked up, and I can't seem to co-ordinate my time to check it out when it's in use.

Others think it came off a vehicle, maybe like the keeper for a speedo gear (looks a bit large to me for that), or something to do with a piece of trim.

All ideas appreciated :-)

Reply to
SC Tom

aluminum tube cap/locator