Performance Chip

Hi,

I am looking for a performance chip for my 96 Ranger and wanted to know what sort of reputation "Apten Performance" has.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
Tornad01

not to sure of that company but a friend had a 94 ranger 3.0 liter and installed a performance chip , he loved it for a year , then the engine started pinging and stalling and the check engine light would come on and give about 6 or 8 different codes ,different codes every time it was checked too , had it in to a few places and no one could fined the problem , then he was asked if he had a chip in the computer and said yes , they removed it just to see what happened and problem solved the mechanics friend worked for the cop shop and they had problems with the hi-way cruisers with chips in them ... not saying you will run into any problems but I thought id let you know just in case one does develop later sorry for the long post

I am looking for a performance chip for my 96 Ranger and wanted to know what sort of reputation "Apten Performance" has.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
Chevy