Performance gain from dual exhaust?

I have a 2003 F150 standard cab long bed with the 5.4 & auto tranny. I've been looking for a site that gives dyno info on any power gain/loss from switching from the stock exhaust to duals with free flow mufflers. I've searched Google and not found what I'm looking for. I've been to different performance manufacturer's sites, all of whom claim gains but none provide the dyno before and after results that I've been able to find. Does anyone know of a site that provides that info?? I'm not picky about a particular brand and may even have a local custom bender do the job as long as I'll gain something other than just noise. Thanks.

A Hugh Jass by any other name.....

Man who scratches ass shouldn't bite fingernails. The gene pool needs more chlorine. Change .com to .net to reply direct.

Tiny

Check that out.

Reply to
Mellowed

Cool! That's the kind of graph I'm looking for. Unfortunately that test was with headers & intake mods as well. I'd love to see how it would have done without the headers and intake changes. Thanks for the info.

A Hugh Jass by any other name.....

Man who scratches ass shouldn't bite fingernails. The gene pool needs more chlorine. Change .com to .net to reply direct.

Tiny

After a couple of thousand miles I had a local exhaust guy install an INCREDIBLY smaller two-chamber with dual 2 1/2" rear exits. That stock muffler was looking like a 55-gal drum when it came off. Seat of the pants impressions only, no noticeable power difference unless you are hammering it above 4 grand, ouch, love the mellow sound unless doing big mileage on a long trip. Also wife does not try to start the truck a second time because now we can actually hear that the engine is running. Later! Alex/UBFRAGD

Reply to
Alex C//415