performance modues

I saw a show, Two Guys Garage I think, that touted the Predator Performance Module for the ford 6.0 Liter Power Stroke. Seems to increase torque and HP. But, will the increased torque/HP increase fuel mileage? Seems to me that if the torque/HP is increased, fewer RPMs will be needed to drive down the road. Any ideas or experience.

Reply to
James Gemmill

Rpms will stay the same, the gearing determines what rpms it takes to run at a certain speed. What would change is the amount of throttle it takes to maintain that speed.

At least i think that would be the physics of the situation!

L8R, Hawk

Reply to
Hawk

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:43:59 -0700, James Gemmill rearranged some electrons to form:

Increased power output will consume more fuel. That increase in power has to come from somewhere, like the chemical energy released during combustion.

Reply to
David M

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 02:21:16 +0000, David M rearranged some electrons to form:

On second thought, if the unit increases the efficiency of the engine, fuel consumption would be less for a given output.

But my guess is that any performance add-on would not be based on increasing efficiency, but delivering more fuel....

Reply to
David M

It doesn't stand to reason, but your statement is not always true. I added a SuperChips Micro Tuner to my 2000 7.3 PSD and gained 1.5 or so MPG.

Reply to
bomar

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:51:59 +0000, bomar rearranged some electrons to form:

see my next post

Reply to
David M

Not necessarily true. I'm basing my assumption, however, on what I know from dealing with my Shelby Dodge. The MP chip merely reschedules the timing curve, with a few other tweaks, to give an additional 15 ponies. Gas mileage does not change between the stock chip and the MP chip. YMMV, however.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd