Piston wear

I have an 83 Ranger with 2.3...very low compression on #3 cylinder...when i removed piston I saw that there was some wear on top of piston and low on the skirt of the opposite side..What could cause this? Also both compression rings had the gaps within an inch of each other..could this cause blow by and lower compression?

thanks for any input!

Reply to
R L Chesnut

You need to look at that head for compression problems it is unlikely a bad piston will cause that large of a variation in compression.

Reply to
fredzo