Plug Gap

I'm trying to find the correct plug gap on my 91 Ford E53 460 engine. Book says "check the vehicle emissions sticker" in the engine compartment. No sticker there. It's a California Chassis. Can anyone help. I recall the gap is wide, but how wide?

Jim Corey

Reply to
Jim Corey

Not 100% sure but it should be around .060 inches

SnoMan

Thanks. That was my recollection. Weird. I pulled a couple of plugs with about 12000 miles on them, and they looked new. I mean no staining on the tip. The ceramic looked white.

Jim Corey

Reply to
Jim Corey

That is not uncommon at all. The problem is that their electric and thermal properties change with age and they still need to be replaced.

SnoMan