plugs and wires on 99 ford ranger

I recently purchased new spark plugs and wires for my 99 Ford Ranger. I have the 4 cylinder 2.5 liter, for those of you not familliar this engine requires

8 plugs. That's right 2 per cylinder. I'm having trouble getting @ the two rear ones on the intake side.

Tried to remove the throttle body to get extra room but ran into some vaccuum line and didn't want to mess with it. I also tried to reach up from below while the oil filter was removed. However this way does not allow for much leverage, since the plugs run down @ an angle from above.

Has anyone done these before? Got a suggestion?

Thankyou, arrowmaker

Reply to
arrowmaker

If Im not mistaken, the last two plugs you are talking about - (the bast****) - by the firewall are rough to get to. I believe the plugs were meant to be changed while a FULL tune up was in place - mainly while the oil filter was removed so you could reach up from below to access the plugs. I was able to crack them loose (not literally crack) by using an extension, a u-joint, a very small extention, and another u-joint so that I could get the leverage that I needed to break loose. My plugs were originally installed right from the factory - I was the first to remove - so I had sprayed a butt load of WD on a warm (repeat warm - not hot) engine block before I tried this - I sure hope this helps - and I know its a pain in the neck - but it worked on this end.....

arrowmaker wrote:

Reply to
nissandude02