Power Edge EZ for 2003 F250 7.3

I am interested in this programmer for my truck. I would use it for towing only. Since this plugs into the ICP sensor I have two questions. Would the Power Edge EZ log a code into the computer? I am concerned about warranty issues. Will their be any improvement in gas mileage? Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim and Anna Lohse

I didn't go with a chip on my Y2K 7.3 due to lots of potential problems with the connections, the difficulty of removing it, and (for most chips) the lack of ability to change HP and torque quickly and easily. I have the SuperChips Micro Tuner. It temporarily plugs into the OBDII port and just takes 5 minutes to select any of 3 levels. The program can be removed at anytime, and it doesn't leave a signature that would give the dealership a snit fit. (it does leave a code that shows all power was lost - as if the batteries had been disconnected). It is also able to display the OBDII codes as an extra. My mileage with up about 1.2-1.5 MPG (hand calculated...the overhead display will show an idiotically high reading when using chips and such). Before you even think about adding a tuner YOU NEED AT LEAST AN E.G.T. GAUGE. It's pretty easy to melt a piston if you let egt's get out of hand. For lots of info go to the site:

and search the forums. The owner of the site (Jason) is kinda an asshole tyrant but there is a plethora of free info there and some great posters.

Reply to
bomar