Power Mirrors & Door Lock, Ford F-150

I have a Ford F-150 2000. I'm having problems with the two outside power mirrors and passenger door lock. The power mirrors only go down and can not move in/out. Anyone have suggestion on getting this to work? Instructions? I like doing it myself. The passenger power door lock works every now and then. I can only confidently open it by using my key or from the inside. again, I would like to find out what is wrong and how I can fix it myself. Thanks, Elizabeth

Reply to
jessebeba

On the mirrors, First check the mirrors themselves and see if the pins that lock the mirrors to the motors are still attached to the back-side. You can see them if you move the mirror to full in(glass not mirror assembly) and look into the housing. You will see the pins on the back side and one controls up/down and the other side/side attaching to each individual motor. Here's a link to Muth mirrors with a diagram to show you what I mean.:

on the installation manual for the retrofit kit at the very first setof mirrors. It will give you a pdf file with diagrams.If they are still in-tact its most likely the mirror switch itself indrivers door and its a easy repair. Its not too expensive either. Remove thedoor panel, pop the switch assembly from the panel itself and replace withthe new one.

The door lock is a common repair item it seems lately. The lock solenoid gets corroded and quits working. You can take the door panel off and get to the solenoid where door latches to body. You can try and clean contacts if corroded but most likely will need replacing. Its just a matter of unscrewing the old, removing rods and and putting the new one in. It takes awhile due to cramped space but I`ve had both of mine replaced also on a

2000 model. Its about 45.00 or so per solenoid for each door from Ford.
Reply to
FordStyle