problem after starting: accelaration increase and decrease

I have problem with my Ford escort LX, 92 model. When I start the car, and leave it without pressing the accelarater padel, I found that the engine accelation increases and decreases, some time very low. My one friend told me it is due to IAC problem. Is it true? or Could you please tell whats the problem? Thank you

Reply to
sangita

It could be the IAC. It could be though that there's another problem, and the IAC is what's compensating to increase the rpm and try to keep the thing running.

I'd look for vacuum leaks first on a vehicle of that age.

CJB

Reply to
CJB