Q : Fuel Pump

Problem is, my fuel pump i recently installed is bunk, it turns on (i can hear it) but doesnt keep the backflow pressure up ( a seal maybe dried out) anyways my gas moves from the rear tank, the filter acts as a backstop and the backpressure transfers the fuel into the front tank where naturally the fuel pump doesnt work properly.

Q : Are these things servicable, and if so can i change these seals?

I had enough messing with the fuel lines so I cut and plugged both lines to the front tank, i will be replacing these as per 351CJ's sage advice to my last post.

thank you

Reply to
matt

Looked at my crystal ball and it's cloudy today. So I have no idea what vehicle you're talking about. But: Transferring the fuel to the other tank is a problem with the tank selector valve. Common in mid 80's Fords. They even had a recall for this problem.

Mystic Al

Reply to
Big Al

I quit working on fuel pumps when they started locating them in the gas tank. They were easy when they were mounted on the side of the engine block.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

very helpful insight there wolfpuppy, but what have you done lately? jk

Reply to
matt

And your point is....?

Reply to
wolfpuppy

here is a history of the full size broncos improvements and changes for years 1978 1995 old john

Hello, wolfpuppy! You wrote on Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:35:53 -0500:

??>>>> Problem is, my fuel pump i recently installed is bunk, it turns on ??>>>> (i ??>> can ??>>>> hear it) but doesnt keep the backflow pressure up ( a seal maybe ??>>>> dried out) anyways my gas moves from the rear tank, the filter acts ??>>>> as a backstop ??>> and ??>>>> the backpressure transfers the fuel into the front tank where ??>>>> naturally the fuel pump doesnt work properly. ??>>>>

??>>>> Q : Are these things servicable, and if so can i change these seals? ??>>>>

??>>>> I had enough messing with the fuel lines so I cut and plugged both ??>>>> lines ??>>>> to ??>>>> the front tank, i will be replacing these as per 351CJ's sage advice ??>>>> to ??>> my ??>>>> last post. ??>>>>

??>>>> thank you ??>>>>

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

begin 666 Bronco_com - History of the Big Bronco (Fullsize 1978-1995).htm M/"%$3T-465!%($A434P@4%5"3$E#("(M+R]7,T,O+T141"!(5$U,(#0N,#$@ M5')A;G-I=&EO;F%L+R]%3B(@(FAT=' Z+R]W=W

Reply to
<ajeeperman

Well, thanks, ajeeperman, but when I was asking what was his point, I was being a bit sarcastic. I was just making conversation, for I don't believe every post has to be absolutely informative or sound as though it came from a textbook, and the reply was along the lines that I shouldn't have bothered typing words simply because I didn't have a solution to a problem or answer to a question. Sometimes I just like to make a comment. I tend to get a little short with those who sound insulting, although I will concede that it is hard to convey emotion in mere text.