question for the group

My brother is looking at a 01 Ford with the 5.4L engine. He asked me what the longevity of the Ford modular engines is expectd to be, and I don't know.

So my questions are this, what is the expected longevity, what would the expected mileage be (half ton, extended cab, long bed, auto), and are there any issues with this engine?

Thanks.

George

Reply to
George

That's about a 240 hp model, right? Your gas mileage will probably be about

  1. You didn't mention if it was 4 wheel drive, and that does make a difference. It's kind of too soon to tell what the modular longevity is. At least I think so. I don't know anybody that's worn one out.
Reply to
Joe

I will pass that along. Yes, it is a two wheel drive model he is looking at.

Thanks.

George

Reply to
George