Question on 93 Ford Ranger, Lowering

Does anyone know how far the front and rear can be dropped on a 93 ford ranger standard 2wd? What is the cheapest way to drop the rear end, i know of flipping the rear axle but that will only give me about 3 inches i want this truck on the ground. Thanks

Cory

Reply to
Cory Moore

Fill the bed with concrete. WTF did you buy a truck for, if you are going to make it where it can't haul more than a six-pack? Stoooooooooopid.

Reply to
Exodus

Ditto...sell it and buy a worthless ricer.

Reply to
bomar

Heh, when the warranty expires, I'm going to drop my ranger 2 inches. It will just look better with the stock size tires

Plasyd

-- No information is any better than the assumptions of those who gather it. (paraphrased) Theodore Roszak v1.2a r TW 0/0/r tG 0- 0 DSotM 2 0 44.7%

Reply to
Plasyd

Hey, whatever floats your boat is cool. But it's true that there's not a lot of knowledge on lowering shared in this forum.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Conolly

Thing is, I don't want to lose any of the hauling and carrying capability. I simply want to make the truck look right. Sure, I could go with bigger tires, but that kinda defeats the complete holistic balanced look of the thing.

Yeah, I'm weird. :-)

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

Sorry, can't have it both ways.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

capability. I

Keep thinking that way, and it's *true*.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

Lower it, and you'll find it's just as true...;-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

capability. I

"Holistic balanced look?" From a bird's eye view or road kill's view? Why didn't you just say so in the first place? Yeah, you're wierd.

Reply to
Exodus

but that kinda defeats the complete holistic balanced look of

Heh. Got an eye for balance, I do.

Truck looks like an old school marm with skinny legs on high heels. Thing is, the wheel wells look to big for the tire. Lower her an inch or two, and it wouldn't look so, well, gawky. There, I said it.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 00:51:01 +0000, Matt Macchiarolo rearranged some electrons to form:

Don't waste your time, bro. He's just another ricer. Can't really haul or carry anything in a Ranger, anyway. However, if he puts a fart-can exhaust on it, a bunch of stickers, some neon lights, and about 35 non-functioning gauges on the A-pillars, that will really make it go fast, won't it?

Reply to
David M

Right. What then, do I do with my '85 Shelby dodge, with no stickers, no cat, and pretty stock except for a bleeder valve for boost? Hint: It's a rice killer.

FWIW, I hate ricers. Can't wait until the fad changes.

Bought the Ranger to carry parts for that little race car, which I have to repair just about every time I drive it. Knew I should have gotten the 'stang SVO.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

Well just stuff in some bigger tires, boy :-)

Other than that you may have some OEM blocks on the rear axle that can be removed, and pick up some shorter coils for the front. For a couple of inches you don't have to go to lowered spindles and all of that.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Conolly

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 05:41:13 +0000, Plasyd rearranged some electrons to form:

Oh puleeeze. Didn't Mitusbishi make those 4-banger motors?

Reply to
David M

I thought that the rangers was made by Mazda, and the Chevy s-10 was made by Isuzu.

Reply to
bubba in italy

The 2.2L was designed by the same guy that designed the 340. It's nothing more than one bank of that American pushrod V8 squeezed together.

Mitsubishi's crap is the 2.6L with the shitty carb, and the infamous 3.0L that tends to fry valve seats, which is why you see so many minivans trailing smoke.

Educate me, please. Who designed the 2.3L, and when did it hit the market?

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

I have never lowered anything but I have a friend that just lowered his 79 F-150 front and back. He used new front I-beams and rear spring hangers, he got all as a kit but I don't know where and he is on vacation, so I can't ask this week. Try an online search?

Lowering the truck did limit its hauling ability put the diff. that much closer to the frame mounted bumper. He didn't care he also has an F-350.

Jimmy

Reply to
James Gillespie

What? You mean all that stuff doesn't add 125 HP?

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo