Radiator recommendations?

Hiya

Just bought a 1995 Ford E250 3/4 ton 4.9L I6 cargo van which has been overheating on the highway and a couple days ago I noticed a tiny point in the upper section of the radiator that leaks fluid at highway speeds. I figure it's best to just buy a new radiator as there is a lot of rust on this vehicle and I'm assuming the inside of the current radiator is probably looking bad. Right now I'm looking at buying an OEM from radiator.com, an aftermarket made by Performance Radiator from performanceradiator.com, or ordering one through Auto Zone (not sure what brand they're selling). All are around the same price of $170-$180, so I would appreciate any opinions on how I should proceed. Also open to any other suggestions.

thanks Jay

Reply to
Ford Warrior

Try Advanced Auto and I think they are a bit better than Auto Zone quality wise. Also while you are at it, get a larger than stock replacement radiator. Always not a bad idea if you can afford it.

-----------------

TheSnoMan

i bought a 4 core brass radiator from radiator.com and it is perfect without the leak problems of the OEM plastic capped one. just pulled my 34 ft trailer in 95 degree heat up donner summit to go hunting. less than 200.00 delivered. in sacramento,ca. old john

1989 ford bronco full size 1999 tahoe 2000 xj cherokee classic 1988 xj cherokee limited 1957 built up cj5 jeep 63 j200 jeep pickup(restoring) 1957 fc150 jeep cabover modified a lot old john
Reply to
ajeeperman

i recently replaced radiator (in Toyota) that i got from Autozone. It has been in about 4 months, no problems.

Just bought a 1995 Ford E250 3/4 ton 4.9L I6 cargo van which has been overheating on the highway and a couple days ago I noticed a tiny point in the upper section of the radiator that leaks fluid at highway speeds. I figure it's best to just buy a new radiator as there is a lot of rust on this vehicle and I'm assuming the inside of the current radiator is probably looking bad. Right now I'm looking at buying an OEM from radiator.com, an aftermarket made by Performance Radiator from performanceradiator.com, or ordering one through Auto Zone (not sure what brand they're selling). All are around the same price of $170-$180, so I would appreciate any opinions on how I should proceed. Also open to any other suggestions.

thanks Jay

Reply to
stevie