Random Starting Problem

I have a '94 Mazda Navajo (Explorer) that has the random starting problem. Starter engages the engine fine, but won't "catch". I replaced the Crank Position Sensor and thought I had fixed it, but it is back to not starting again. Fuel pump relay is fine. I have noticed that when it isn't going to start the fuel pump keeps running with the key in the 'On' position. If it is going to start the pump only runs for a few seconds. What should I look at next?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John Manner

Tim Lawson

That sounds expensive.

Reply to
John Manner

check for a clogged screen in the tank, or a hole in the pickup in the tank

Reply to
Falcoon