Ranger carburetor switch?

Carb on my 1989 Ford Ranger fouled up. I have a simple Webber carb that is fitted to a spare Porsche engine. This Webber is extremely simple: No electric gismos. In fact, other than the intake manifold, its only connection to the outside world is a gas line and a distributor vacuum line.

Question 1. Will this carb bolt to Ranger intake manifold? And, should it not bolt, does anyone know where I could buy a conversion plate to make it bolt?

Question 2. If I'm able to make it bolt, will it successfully feed the engine? And, should it not successfully feed the engine, can anyone suggest a cheap and simple carb that would indeed feed the Ranger engine?

Clint

Reply to
Clint

Maybe a carb built for an 89 Ranger? Get your carb rebuilt (or do it yourself) or buy a rebuilt unit from your local parts chain.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:19:09 -0600, Clint rearranged some electrons to form:

Why go to all that trouble? Just by the right part from the parts store.

PS: wasn't 1989 fuel injected? My 1989 F150 was.

Reply to
David M