Ranger door switch

I have a 98 Ranger standard cab. Where's the door switch that controls the interior dome light when either door opens.?

Reply to
Frank

In the latch. Or attached to it to be exact.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Ok, many thanks. Now that I know where it's at,, that door panel comes off tomorrow asap. frank

Reply to
Frank

And the latch is part of the door...... most people would just buy the switch rather than an $80 latch or a $500 door. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Sherrill D Colford Jr

Reply to
keelynet

I had mine replaced about three years ago and no return of the problem. BTW whatever you spray into the door latch is a short term fix anyway. It has just been dubbed the "WD40 fix". Personally I used carb cleaner. It is not so much a need to lubricate as it is to clean the switch.

Robin

Reply to
Robin Henderson