Ranger Edge deal went south

The prices are good this weekend. $13843 before tax and liscense. KBB on my '01' F150 is between $11,000 and 12,100. Kool! I asked the salesman yesterday if the good low price on their vechicle was going to effect what I got for my truck. He said no, it's worth what it is worth. Well, went back today with the wifey, course the salesman I talked to yesterday wasn't there. So talked to another salesman, in the cubicle he came back with the deal on his truck and only $9000.00 for mine. I said thanks but no thanks and walked. Now this really isn't a rant, I figure I shoulda known better. But just be aware if shopping this weekend that if you have a trade, KBB may not mean squat.

Reply to
Paul O.

Yepp Agree, My Truck shows a Trade in Value of 28,000 for a good condition in reality its in excellent condition... They came back with a trade in of $24,000

They CLAIM with everyone doing the employee pricing its hurting the Trade in Value.. Bit I promise when they SELL it they will have the KBB 3rd party values on the truck..

Reply to
Shelby TT (www.ttffl.com

I also went to another dealer later in the afternoon and they had the nerve to offer me $7000. Right now with the deals and the Rangers seeming to be hot, It's take it or leave it time.

Reply to
Paul O.

unfortunately with the special discounts that have been so successful, the used vehicle market is swamped...a new vehicle is cheaper than a 1-1.5 year used of same type and manufacturer.

Henry

Reply to
Henry B Jobin

KBB is a salesman's tool. What really matters is dealer auction prices, and that info isn't as easy to get.

Bill M

Reply to
Bill M

Almost all car dealerships use wholesale or auction prices for their trade in values. I have trade in 4 vehicles over the last 6 years an all tradein values were based on what the dealer could get at an auction. Not one dealer used a Kelly Blue Book or a NADA book.

Bruce M

Paul O. wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Marcotte