Ranger Tilt

Hi guys, My 1999 Ranger does have a tilt to the left. I have new leaf springs-with an extra leaf, to bring it back to proper height,because of the topper.It did to seem to help for a while, but now its leaning again. It has never been overloaded down,any ideas? The ride hasnt change,not harsh or anything like that, could the coil spring do the same? THANK YOU for letting me post. snipped-for-privacy@webv.net

Reply to
e lowejr

Is it tilted empty or just with you in it? I'm 230 pounds and my old 92 ranger used to tilt to the left when I was in it.

I've also seen vehicles that are parked on the same slope every night develop a weak spring on one side. I'd think a new coil spring would help.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

The truck sits like that with any amount of gas in it, a little more with a full tank,I am 255 pounds and it doesnt change much with me in it or not. Did the ranger have problems with weak springs,during this model run? Also if it has been wrecked and not repaired properly would this happen as well? It wont hold a alignment for a long period of time. Any ideas or suggestions,would be appreciated. I did run a Carfax on the truck before I bought it, and not too long ago,and nothing out of the ordinary popped up. THANK YOU for letting me post. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

Reply to
e lowejr

A Carfax report won't tell you everything that's ever been done to a vehicle, only the information that's in public domain.

If your truck sags due to weight on the left side, about the only thing you can do is replace or reinforce the springs. If it's the leaf springs on the back, you could add a leaf. Helper springs or air-adjustable shocks might help too.

In general, you're more apt to get sagging problems from coil springs. They'll need replaced as a pair. Considering the fact that the modification you've made to the leaf springs on the back didn't fix the problem, I'd bet the front coils are the culprit.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

Thanks for the information.Ill see what the new springs will do.Thanks for letting me post. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net