Ranger towing limits: any RVs?

--Spent a pile of time yesterday googling to find RVs listed by towing weights, but with no luck. I'm trying to determine who makes what, in the way of RVs, that are lightweight enough (2400 lbs or less) to be towed by the 3.2 liter Ranger. Anyone got pointers to more useful links? --TIA,

Reply to
steamer

We used to pull a 21' Coleman pop-up behind an 87 Chevy S-10 Blazer, 2.8 ltr V-6 automatic. 4x2. It wasn't a race rig, but it got the job done, including a trip from Florida to Glenwood Springs CO, and from there to Alaska. The relatives we hooked up with in Co. pulled a similar rig behind an 86 Ford Bronco II, 4x4, 2.9 V-6. The Blazer pulled better, but the Bronco still did ok. Our rig was designed to sleep 6 adults, and had a full galley and a small head. Coleman Folding Trailers was bought by Ronald Perelman, Revlon's owner, in '88 along with the rest of the Coleman company when Sheldon Coleman died, and then the company broke up and the trailer division sold to Fleetwood a year later. Comparable model to what we had would be the Americana "Timberlake" model.

One of the things I am starting to see make a big come back are "teardrop" campers. These have always been the lightest, but its barely a step above tent camping, just enough room inside to sleep, and the galley is accessed from outside the rear of the camper. They have a huge following with many restored antique models and even more home builds from plans. Which probably explains their comeback, along with they can be pulled behind the econo boxes of today. Little Guys Trailers builds a decent constructed one. Of course back in those days when the teardrop was first brought out, camping was camping, not bringing everything including the kitchen sink to park in the "woods" somewhere and never venture out. The camper was just a place to sleep, the entertainment was the great outdoors, But enough of that , I digress.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

In addition... Scamp, Casita, Trillium, Boler, etc, etc, etc see

Ralph E Lindberg

links from there to all teardrop info/sites, etc.

b.w.

-snip-

Reply to
William Wixon