Ranger Won't Start: Please Help....

So here is the story:

I have a 1994 Ranger (2.3 L Standard Transmission). The truck has not been used much since May of this year. I replaced the battery 2 months ago and tried starting her. SHe started fine but the pulley on the alternator was seized and caused the belt to run over it and smoke. So after a lot of elbow grease and some liquid wrench, I found that the pulley had a flat spot so I replaced the alternator. Now when I try to start the truck, she just clicks a single click and nothing else. I had the battery tested and its good. Even tried boosting. Nothing. It seems that the starter won't turn over. Could this be caused by a circuit breaker tripped or something else electrical? Relay maybe. Remember that this truck did start before the new alternator but not after. Even if the alternator was crap, she should turn over at least and run off the battery for a while. Before I go back to the guy where I got the alternator, I just wanted to see if anyone could suggest something to try.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
zeeman

If you can easily locate the starter relay, you might try taking the truck out of gear, set the parking brake, then use some heavy cable and a mighty switch to briefly close the main circuit through the relay to see if the engine cranks.

Reply to
FBC3