Re: 1991 Ford Ranger Clutch Replacement

Replacing a clutch that does not slip is a waste of money. ON THE OTHER HAND, it always seems dumb NOT to replace it if you have it out. You'll just have to examine the clutch disk, flywheel and pressure plate and make a determination after you see it. I would probably for sure replace the throw out bearing and possibly the slave cylinder however. We have a '94 ranger with 186,000 on it with the OEM clutch (and timing belt for that matter). The thing has to go out eventually I guess.

Reply to
Steve Barker

My father-in-law has a '91 that had a tranny fluid leak that we could not pinpoint. It ended up be these little plastic caps on the end of the shifter rails. I believe you can replace those through top from inside the cab.

Just a thought, Gary

Reply to
Gary

And lo, it came about, that on Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:46:41 -0500 in alt.trucks.ford , "Steve Barker" was inspired to utter:

Back in the dark ages, buddy of mine ran a Heavy Equipment operation. Their SOP was, once they opened up a system (tranny,drivetrain, engine) to just go ahead and replace what might need replace "anyway". In the poster's case, if you're already into the expense of getting "in there", might as well take care of stuff while you're "in there". OF course, you may not be able to afford to be "cost effective."

toodles

pyotr

pyotr filipivich Next Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them. Next Month's Panel: Having eliminated the old Them, Selecting a new Them

Reply to
pyotr filipivich