Re: 1993 Ford

No expert here. Are your air ducts leaking. Sucking in hot air in the summer and cold air in the winter? Just a guess.

Norm

> Please help, I need some advise. I have a 1993 Ford. > > The airconditioner is not working - when the temperature is in the low > 80's or 70's its okay - when the temperature is in the 90's there is > nothing blowing but hot, hot air. > > Also, in the winter time - the heater is no longer producing hot air, > more like warm air. > > If anyone has any advise I would appreciate it. >
Reply to
Norm

Sounds like your air blend door system is on the fritz.

Reply to
lugnut

Check your return line from the evaporator back to the A/C compressor if the line gets cold (should probably sweat unless you live in the desert) and you don't get cold in the truck then clearly you have air going the wrong place. Probably a vent door not working properly.

On the other hand, if the line doesn't get cold, forget about the air and get your freon pressures checked. It's harder to condense at higher temperature when you have a low charge of Freon. This might be indicated by your comment that it works at 80.

Reply to
Joe