Re: 2000 ranger pinging (= valve rattle?)

Is this the same problem as valve rattle under load; i.e., going up a hill? I have this prob, and have been spending good $$ on supreme gas to solve it. If it's the MAF, I'm going to get the starshaped (torx?) tool and carb cleaner asap!

More feedback > > P.S. There are some really good posts on this subject a little farther > back.

> I'm going to try cleaning my MAF sensor!!!!! > > That worked for me and it didn't even look that 'dirty'. Just a shot of > carb cleaner and an old toothbrush. > > Mike > >
Reply to
J.J. Brinks