Re: 2001 sportrack lean code

great thanks.

Reply to
norm

"" wrote: > HI. I need o know where they put hte fuel filter on the 2001 > Sporttaks. > (4WD) > I'm getting a lean code on my Sporttrak and its running pretty > rough frist > thing on a COLD only morning. > I am suspecting the fuel filter as a start. I suspect the IAC > valve also > but the codes do not indicate it specifcally. > > Any help is appreciated.

I had this exact problem with a 2001 explorer sport with the 4.0 liter overhead cam v6. I tried changing the fuel filter, temp. sensor, spark plugs, and burned about 50 gallons of injector cleaner through it but nothing fixed it.

I was finally told to check for a leak around the intake seal. To do that, start the truck cold, then shoot some carb cleaner at the seam of the intake pieces. There are several rubber seals that will dry out and leak causing the problem you are having. You will need to change both the top and the bottom ones. After I changed all mine, the problem completely went away. The parts were only about 24.00 from Ford and it took me all of 1 1/2 hours to change them.

I hope this helps.

Reply to
crstodd