Re: A/C recharge 01 Sport

My father picked up a recharge kit at Benny's and uses it to recharge his '95 Dodge Intrepid's a/c. Works fine. I don't know what would happen if you overcharge it, but his kit came with a gauge that reads out how full it is. It's quick and cheaper than having a shop do it.

-BD

Reply to
BD

Brandon

works, it is just not

outside of Phoenix).

A/C. What should

Hey Brandon,

I'm in North Phoenix near 32nd Street and Bell, and just last month I bought one of those kits. I hooked it up and it told me the pressure was at maximum, so I never connected (punctured) the can. My symptoms were that the AC worked great untill I stopped at a stop light and it tended to not be as cool. Still wondering about it. Pep Boys on Bell told me that the system wouldn't hold pressure and it would cost me around 700 bucks to fix. I guess we can't trust Pep Boys can we?

Reply to
AZdryHeat

Hmmmmm, those are the same symptoms I am having. I may just take it to a dealer and see what they say. If I find out anything I will post it back here. Maybe it is just a symptom of the 115+ degree days we are having. Thanks for the reply. Brandon

Reply to
Brandon

The 134a freon does not work as well as the older freon. In hotter days, the car needs to be moving to keep it cooler. Stop and go will make it not work as efficiently as it should. Sorry to say it, but newer doesn't always mean better, even though it is greener. Rich

1970 F-100 1999 F-350 1999 Windstar

Reply to
Richard Cox