RE diesel surge on low fuel

I to had a 86 f250, but with the ford ( cat) engine. I expericed what you said many times. Mine would last for several miles until the fuel ran out on that tank, I talked to several older and wiser diesel mech's and we came to the conclusion that the fuel was foaming or getting air mixed in with it. I often wondered if you could do the same thing with a aqurium air pump and control valve and add air to the fuel at the input to the injector pump and if this would help with power and fuel ecomany. david B.

Reply to
liteflyer 1

I thought this from the beginning. But everyone I spoke to says "if it gets air it will stop" IT can't be doing the engine any good though.

woodee

liteflyer 1 wrote:

Reply to
woodee