Re; Fuel leak..

97-F-350 7.3 Ltr. Turbo Diesel; has a slow fuel leak coming from the fuel pump/filter area, trouble shooting tips?, Maybe lots of light on the subject first?. Engine runs fine, so rule out suction side of the works, Only leaks while running as well, however the area is Cluttered bigtime . Might try strips of blotting paper inserted behind and under? Happy New Year to all...
Reply to
Expediter

I have a 99 F350 SD with the 7.3l that had a similar problem. On the fuel filter bowl there is a bleed off valve that you can use. This is so when you change the filter, you can drain it a little so it doesn't overflow. On this bleed off valve there are 2 small o-rings that the fuel goes through, these will get hard and will start to leak. It cost me like $0.05 for the 2 o-rings at my local auto shop and 20 minutes worth of my time. Make sure you wear rubber gloves unless you like to smell like diesel fuel. Give this a try.

Buddah

Reply to
Richard Cox