I'm too western for a pickup or suv

The most popular vehicle in the west is the Honda Civic. The most popular vehicles in the Old South are pickups. I find it peculiar that

pickups are so often advertised in western, desert settings and yet the

typical buyer is a good old boy from TN. He almost never takes it to the desert. If he has 4wd, he finds very little use for it because TN doesnt get much snow and there is no desert to go off road in. The main places to go off road in the south are very weedy and just not pleasant for off roading. He throws trash in the back of the pickup so

it will blow out and litter up the already littered roadsides of the south. I dont understand why he seems to think he is more of a western

guy because of having the pickup. Southerners are less like westerners

than are people from other parts of the country - especially ones over the age of 45. For example, Milwaukie people, like Denver people, speak proper english and have reasonably complete vocabularies - unlike

a 48 year old native of TN. They also have lower violent crime rates, divorce rates, traffic fatality rates, illiteracy rates, bankruptcy rates, etc. They also drive more similar types of vehicles. The Honda

Civic - most popular vehicle in the west, is more popular in Milwaukie than it is in Memphis, where a good old fat boy is more likely to buy a

chevy pickup. Similar results are found when you compare the northeast

to the south.

So the south, when speaking of men over 45, is less western, culturally, than is any other part of the country. Maybe if you sell those pickups and buy a Honda Civic you could be what you really want to be - more western. Better yet, why dont you move out west! There are many places in the west that are just as affordable as where most of you live. Not San Fran, but Grand Junction, CO, parts of NM, and all over the west. Oh yeah, I guess you guys wouldnt move out there because of your kinfolk. The south is very kinfolky. Do you southern pickup drivers even realize that in the west coast states, in large metro areas, people over 45 have social lives that have very little to do with their kinfolk, who probably live at least 500 miles away? Your

kinfolkiness is just another example of how you southern guys are the least western of any guys in the country, in terms of your stupid southern, kinfolky culture.

Here are links that show that the South, as a region, taken as a whole,

has very very high rates of numerous general types of undesirable characteristics

South has highest crime rates:

South has highest traffic fatality rates: (see page 2, Fatalities per

100,000 column)

South has highest respiratory infection rates:

South has highest divorce rates:

South has highest bankruptcy rate: (see "Deadbeat District)

South has high suicide rate (higher rate than Midwest and Northeast)

South has high percentage of smokers:

Colorado Guy

Colorado Guy aka snipped-for-privacy@aol.com just another A-hole On Line, probably stuck at home because colorado hasn't clue how to clear a road in the winter. Way to many times stuck in Cortex waiting for plows to clear the triple 6, or in Ft Collins waiting for US 25 to get cleared, or even worse in Lamar waiting for 50 to reopen. Must be a piss poor investor to only be able to afford an old rusted out Honda Civic Probably works in the mail room.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I'd like to urge Colorado Guy to have intercourse with himself, the freakin' troll.

Spdloader (Southern and most proud of it)

Reply to
Spdloader

I don't drive a Chevy! But then again I'm in Nashville, not Memphis...

Grow up Colorado Guy... then take Spdloaders advice.

Reply to
Charles B. Summers" <charles

Judging from the way you worded that, I imagine that you actually owe money on your pickup and didnt even pay cash for it. I know people whose homes are worth more than $750,000.00 who drive Civics. There are a number of major movie stars who drive the Honda Prius at $22,000.00 - including Julia Roberts. You must be a true southerner, talking about " ... only to be able to AFFORD an old rusted out Honda Civic ...". What part of TN are you from anyway? Are you one of those good old fat boys who "buys" a new pickup as soon as he "qualifies" to finance a new one?

Reply to
Colorado Guy
<snip> stars who drive the Honda Prius at $22,000.00 - including Julia Roberts. <snip>

I'm surprised she got a Honda-Toyota mix that cheap, since it must have taken someone quite a while to merge a Honda with a Toyota. SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom" <sc

<pointless drivel snipped>

What's your point? Enjoy your Civic.

Reply to
scrape

If you had read my entire post you should have been able to have gleaned the point. The point is that southern guys buy pickups in part because they want to think of themselves as "country and western" guys, and yet westerners dont like pickups and suv's. If you really want to BE more western, why dont you drive the kind of vehicle westerners drive? - a sedan.

Reply to
Colorado Guy

So where did Julia Roberts get the magic wand that turned a Toyota into a Honda? wow a whole 22K for the car, bought the stripped down no options model did she, no air bags, no stereo, cant get out of its own way. And what is she going to do with that huge nasty highly toxic nicad battery when it dies?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I read your entire pointless post. I think you're an idiot. I live in the south and use a truck to haul motorcycles. They wouldn't quite fit in your brokeback honda there, scooter.

Reply to
scrape

First of all Colorado is not really west, it is about 1200 miles short, besides the greater Denver area is basically a satellite office for that liberal bastion of stupidity, the republic of Kalifornia.

What is preferred in Colorado really has nothing to do with what is preferred in the west. If you actually spent any time outside the urban centers in the west, you would see that pickup trucks are overwhelming preferred in the west. Even though it doesn't fit your mantra, most farmers and ranchers still pay cash for their trucks.

Do yourself a favor and take a road trip out west, see what is going on, then get back to us with your revised report on what true westerners drive.

Doh!

Reply to
351CJ

I don't know if "Colorado" (note macho name), has lived in the South,but I have lived in Pennsylvania and now Tennessee. It's funny,but I have two 4 dr sedans and a pickup truck. I like them all,but a trip to Home Depot or Lowes takes two trips: One in the car to buy the merchandise,and one to pick it up in my truck,because the car is too small. Of course I could pay for delivery,but that's one reason I bought a truck.

Reply to
Herb

Well, I already plonked the stupid ass.

Reply to