RE MLP sensor

Lugnut, I did see your message at the other group. I will copy the response over here as you requested.

------- Thanks for the update lugnut. I did in fact figure out how to release the conductors after a while. The part that gave me most trouble were attempts to push the wires through the harness. No matter what i tried I could not get it through. After eventually pulling a wire out then I saw the reason . Apparantly the old connector is completely different to the new one. With the red part removed, It has a set of stops at the end of the wire cavity . The new connector doesn't have these stops. No chance of the conductors ever getting through those holes. Anyway after pulling each wire out I was extra careful matching the wires to the new harness, barring a mental lapse I should be fine there. Old sensor was full of moisture. I think highly probable this was the cause of troublecode 634. The sensor is in need of adjustment . I got it as close as I could but shift arm blocks the adjustment marks. Started motor, Idled real rough at first but then smoothed out. . No ECM fried, no check engine light so I'll figure that the wiring was correct . The new connector didn't make the usual snap sound when plugging into the sensor. I didn't like that but it seems to be solid in place. My concern here is that I may have mangled up the conductors a little while attempting to remove them. I'll check when I get the chance. Shift lever movement is softer than normal. Adjustment? I'll take it out for a test drive tommorow . considering this has always been a quirky transmission I'll let you know if anything is fixed , though it may take more than one test drive to be sure .

This job was a real PITA but it would be a fairly easy job for one who has done it before. Definately not a job for a first timer without at least a diagram.

Reply to
gil