Re: Synthetics Fluid in E4OD ...PING: NoBullTrans..Gary

no, he means MobilOne 5W20 Synthetic Engine Oil

I have it out in several F-350 4WD 7.3 PS Turbo's and it works........two of these trucks belong to an 'exotic animal farm' and they regularly haul 28-ft stock trailers load to the ass with high-priced beasts all over the US

Also in a few 4L80E's in K-2500 and K-3500 Chevies for some local farmers, and in a couple of Mitsubishi minivans belonging to an electrical contractor, plus our (now #4 son's) old 86 Bonneville has had it in since

99, likewise my B-350 84 Dodge van

I don't use it in Mopar's cause they require that 7176 fluid

I have not had an opportunity to tear one back down, but the first F-350 has been out there since 97 with only one fluid change (hey, I call hime every six months and tell him it's due, you can lead a Ford owner to water, etc, etc.......) and none of them has come back, so it must have some good points

I got the tip from a friend in NY state who claims to have done it on EVERY transmission he overhauled from back in 96 till he retired last year...........they all got a 50-50 mix plus an external cooler, no exceptions, and according to him, no problems or return warranty work

JoBob... I think he means Mobil 1 ATF > > > Re: Synthetics Fluid in E4OD Transmission Question > > Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Fri, Apr 25, 2003, 9:40pm (CDT+5) From: > snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (Gary Glaenzer) > I regularly use a 50/50 mix of Dex 3 and MobilOne synthetic engine oil > in these units for severe use > this mix, in conjunction with a large external cooler, radiator cooler > bypassed, has proven to keep the E4 running long and cool > Anybody useing Synthetics Transmission Fluid in their E4OD Transmission? > Or your comments about useing it. > I have a 1994 Ford E350 Class C 30 foot Motor Home that spends a lot of > time driving in HOT weather and thinking about switching to Synthetics. > All comments welcome. > @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ > > GARY, > seriously...never heard of that.....50% motor oil mix in a E4OD ...or > any automatic. > > what does that do for the system? and what made you try it? where did > you pick that trick up from. > > you doing that on your rebuilds? > how long have you been using it? > you getting better mileage out the units? > you using it on any other applications? > > have you been able to tear back in to one to see what the clutches look > like after some mileage? How did the inside look? > > does it give a firmer shift. > > > > jobobjones > marshmonster > > (Robert Thompson) > (Pensacola FL) > > >
Reply to
Gary Glaenzer