Re: Truck Bed

The bed of my son's "new" 1974 truck is rusted through, and has damage to the sides and the front edges are crinkled and wadded up and can not be properly straitened.

So, we decided that a replacement should be found. I have spent several hours on the internet searching for a used one. No Joy.

A couple of days ago, March 10th, I went to the post office to mail a letter, but they were closed for another 20 minutes. So I just drove around the area, on back streets That I normally don't travel.

On one back street, I spotted a back yard full of old trucks. When I passed the front of the house a guy was in the yard, so, I stopped and we talked a bit. turns out he owns the trucks.

When I asked about it, he offered me the 1974 truck bed for $350.00. It has no rust and no dents. The tail light lenses are not broken, and the tailgate is strait and true.

It is only about a mile from here. I told him I would get back to him soon.

Sound like a good deal to y'all ?

Nick

Nick, You've seen it, verified its condition, it's what you need, it's close so you can go get it today and have it on your kids truck tomorrow... I'd go for it. $350 is not that bad for a complete bed in good order. Who knows what you'd get off eBay...

Reply to
Dzlman95