REAR ABS + BRAKE ((!)) ((P)) Dash Lights

Both the yellow REAR ABS and the red BRAKE ((!)) ((P)) dashboard lights came on a couple of days ago. The brakes and the parking brake all seem to work fine. I can engage and release the parking brake without a problem. No noises or heat from the rear.

Weather has been wet and cold here in Cincinnati. The truck sits outside and is not a daily driver. Maybe gets 3000 miles a year, to Home Depot and back.

1992 F-150 straight six, automatic transmission, standard cab, 138k miles
Reply to
Jim G" <Jim

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:02:48 +0000, Jim G rearranged some electrons to form:

Check brake fluid level.

Reply to
David M

That was exactly the problem. Should've checked it first. Thanks!

Reply to
Jim G" <Jim

No that is the symptom of the problem. The brake fluid low enough to trip the warning lights means one of two things, you have a leak, or more likely, your front pads are worn out.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Good point. I'll take a closer look at the entire brake system when the weather is warmer.

Reply to
Jim G" <Jim